Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next at 7 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 10, 2023, to consider an agenda posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
This in-person meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To submit a comment on this agenda, please contact email@example.com to reach the Town Clerk.
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3UG7OGI
- Approved the January 2023 Town Council Meeting Schedule.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute supplemental agreements with NCDOT for the Homestead Road-Chapel Hill High School Multi-Use Path to reflect later milestones related to project completion.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a supplemental agreement with NCDOT for the Morgan Creek Greenway to reflect later milestones related to project completion.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a supplemental agreement with NCDOT to extend project milestones for the Bike Loop Detector Project and authorized staff to submit a request to the DCHC MPO for a NCDOT STIP amendment to increase its allocation of STBG-DA funds to the project to provide for additional funding up to $120,000.
- Requested staff reconsider options for office space.
- Received an update on the status of the recently adopted Carrboro Connects Comprehensive Plan 2022-2042. The update provided a progress report on several key projects and a timeline for the next fiscal year. Learn more about the Comprehensive Plan here: https://www.carrboronc.gov/2389/Carrboro-Connects-Comprehensive-Plan .
About the Town Council
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council