Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will be on summer break until it resumes in September for a Work Session scheduled at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12. The agenda will be available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
Meetings are held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
Find the Council Meeting Calendar at https://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/12313/2023-Town-Council-Meeting-Calendar?bidId=
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, June 27, 2023, for a Council Meeting and took the following actions related to the agenda posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThYNv1MEkI
- Recognized the Parks and Recreation Month proclamation. Find this proclamation at https://www.carrboronc.gov/2630/Proclamations-and-Resolutions
- Extended a contract with Wetherill Engineering for Preliminary Engineering Services for the Jones Creek Greenway..
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a municipal agreement with NCDOT for three signalized pedestrian crossings along NC 54 at Westbrook Drive, Abbey Lane and Kingswood Apartments.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a contract for the Fleet Alternative Fuels Feasibility Analysis. This study aims to further goals to reduce municipal emissions by transitioning the fleet to alternative fuels.
- Authorize a a Revised Memorandum of Understanding for the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness.
- Authorized the Town Manager to accept a Safe Routes to School Non-Infrastructure Grant from the NC Department of Transportation.
- Set a public hearing for October 24, 2023 on Land Use Ordinance Amendments modifying residential parking requirements.
- Approved an increase in the contract for Ramey Kemp Associates for design services associated with the South Greensboro Street Sidewalk Project.
- Approved the FY24 municipal solid waste disposal contract with GFL Environmental, Inc.
- Awarded a contract for the Town’s annual independent audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2023
- Approved an application consistent with the guidelines set forth in the Policy for Monuments Located on Town Property for a monument in honor of Martha “Marty” Mandell.
- Approved a contract with Greenscape, Inc. mowing services along Highway NC-54 and Town Properties.
- Approved a Minor Modification request for the Special Use Permit-A at 515 S Greensboro Street. The modification will allow the property owner to construct a Level 1 rooftop solar array facility.
- Continued a public hearing on the request for voluntary annexation and conditional rezoning of properties contiguous to the Town Limits at 820 and 904 Homestead Road, and 310 Lucas Lane. Public comment was received during this continued hearing. At the conclusion of the hearing, the Town Council approved the annexation and rezoning of these properties.
- Received an update to the FY 2022 Audit Finding by the Finance Director.
- Approved amendments to the Racial Equity Commission Charge as recommended by the Racial Equity Commission.
- Approved a decision document related to the Jade Creek Architecturally Integrated Subdivision Special Use Permit-A at 8522 Old NC 86.
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council