The Town of Carrboro public works and public safety teams are preparing for Hurricane Idalia by checking culverts, ditch lines and equipment. Personnel are prepared to respond to possible effects of the storm, including flooding, fallen trees and power outages.
Hurricane Idalia is expected to bring heavy rain and gusty winds (25-35 mph) to central North Carolina on Wednesday/Thursday, Aug. 30-31, according to the National Weather Service. The forecast shows a chance of rain and storms over the next six days, beginning on Tuesday evening.
Weather and Local Information
Prepare for and Report Flooding
Just as crews check for issues on public property, residents can help monitor and ensure the drainage systems in their yards and neighborhoods are functioning properly.
Reporting Power Outages
A power outage is NOT an emergency. Please call your local power company to report an outage.
Duke Energy - https://www.duke-energy.com/outages
- Visit duke-energy.com on a desktop computer or mobile device.
- Use the Duke Energy mobile app – Download the Duke Energy App from a smartphone via Apple Store or Google Play
- Text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply).
- Call the automated outage-reporting system at 800-769-3766 for Duke Energy Carolinas customers and 800-419-6356 for Duke Energy Progress customers.
- Call 800-449-2667 or 800-222-3107.
- Voice instructions will direct you through the system.
- Online: https://pemc.smarthub.coop/Login.html Text “pemc” to 800-222-3107. Then text “#out” to report an outage. For outage updates, text “#status”.