Dear Neighbors and HOA Contacts:
The National Weather Service has placed Orange County under a flood watch until 8:00 AM on Tuesday, April 25.
Please consider the following around your home:
- Check trees in your yard and remove any dead branches which could fall during heavy rain and cause damage.
- Remove leaves, branches, and debris from gutters and drains at your home.
- Lower the water level in your swimming pool so it is less likely to overflow during heavy rain.
- Turn off automated sprinkler systems when rain is expected.
- Have a flashlight, batteries, and a first aid kit on hand.
- Check to see if your home is in a floodplain to find out if your area has a history of flooding.
- Keep important documents – including insurance policies, birth certificates, and passports in an easily accessible waterproof box.
Carrboro Public Works crews are keeping a close eye on storm water drainage throughout Town, with an emphasis in historical problem areas. If you see a clogged storm drain or other flooding issue, please call Pubic Works at 919-918-7425. In case of an emergency, please call 911 for assistance. To keep up to date during any severe weather event, check the following sources:http://www.weather.gov/rah/https://www.facebook.com/NWSRaleigh/https://www.facebook.com/NCEmergencyManagementhttps://www.facebook.com/OCNCEmergency@NCEmergency on Twitter@NWSRaleigh on Twitter@OCNCEmergency on Twitter
Please share this information with your neighbors. If you wish to receive these updates in the future, please subscribe at http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx
and choose "Carrboro HOA Neighborhood Contacts."