BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 4/17/18
- The Board granted a continuance of the previous meeting minutes from April 10, 2018
- The Board appointed Kelli Crispin to the Arts Committee.
- The Board amended the DOJ Grant Project Ordinance by $10,939 to match the DOJ grant.
- The Board awarded an Independent Audit Contract for FY 2017-18 to Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.
- The Board approved the extension for the previously issued Conditional Use Permit for Veridia AIS to April 2020.
- The Board approved a Development Agreement between the Town of Carrboro and the ArtsCenter for the 203 South Greensboro Project.
- Chief Horton provided the Board with an update on Policing Equity.
- The Board set a Public Hearing for May 22, 2018 for Voluntary Annexation and Conditional Rezoning at 905 and 921 Homestead Rd.
- The Board approved to provide scholarships for membership in the Carrboro Business Alliance for minority and women owned businesses.
- The Board set a Public Hearing on Land Use Ordinance Amendments relating to Boarding and Rooming Houses for June 5, 2018 and requested staff to bring future ordinances showing mark ups.
- The Board set a Public Hearing on a Land Use Ordinance Amendment to establish the Lloyd Broad District for June 5, 2018 and also requested staff to bring future ordinances showing mark ups.
- The Board appointed David Swan to the Transportation Advisory Board.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.