BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 5/1/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Proclamation: Mayor Lavelle proclaimed May 6th Catherine DeVine day in honor of life and years of service to the Town of Carrboro.
- The Board approved the Letter of Intent with WCOM regarding the 203 South Greensboro Project.
- The Board approved the 2018-19 HOME Investment Partnership Program.
- The Board approved to set a Public Hearing for June 26, 2018 for a Land Use Ordinance Amendment Relating to Road and Sidewalk Requirements.
- The Board appointed Samantha Beecham to the Orange County Human Relations Commission.
- The Board approved the partnering opportunity to become a Play Ball City.
- The Board scheduled a public hearing on May 22, 2018 on the 2018-2019 Budget.
- The Board asked Town Staff to gather community input for the content of a Truth Plaque
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.