BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 5/22/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Proclamations: Mayor Lavelle proclaimed June 1st Gun Violence Awareness Day in Carrboro.
Advisory Board Members Charged: Kelli Crispin-Arts Committee, Kerri Petrin-Planning Board
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for April 17th and April 24th meetings.
- The Board set a public hearing on a Land Use Ordinance Amendment Relating to Reasonable Accommodations for June 26, 2018.
- The Board approved the human services funding allocation recommendation for FY-2018-19.
- The Board approved the use of South Orange Fire District Fund Balance.
- The Board set a public hearing on the Lloyd Farm Conditional Rezoning at 700 Old Fayetteville Road and associated LUO Text Amendments – for September 25, 2018.
- The Board authorized a Bicycle Planning Grant from North Carolina Department of Transportation, and to select and award a contract to a transportation planning firm to update the Town’s comprehensive bicycle transportation plan.
- The Board heard public comment on the Town Manager’s recommended Budget for FY 2018-19.
- The Board heard public comment on Conditional Rezoning at 905 and 921 Homestead Road.
- The Board received an updated report on 203 S. Greensboro Project-Design Contract and Public Process.
- The Board postponed the discussion of future consideration for the Greene Tract to June 12th.
- The Board postponed the exploration of affordable housing on town-owned land.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.