BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 6/5/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, June 5, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Advisory Board Members Charged: David Swan - Transportation Advisory Board
Mayor Lavelle proclaimed June 2018 Pride Month in Carrboro.
Mayor Lavelle proclaimed the week of June 17-23, 2018 “Carrboro Pollinator Week”.
Announcement of upcoming meetings:
Town Staff addressed the Board on the upcoming 203 Greensboro design process kick off meetings.
- The Board approved the minutes for the for May 1st and May 22, 2018 meetings.
- The Board approved to appoint a Carrboro Seat on the Animal Services Advisory Board.
- The Board approved the resolution to appoint a Carrboro seat to the OWASA.
- The Board adopted a resolution from TJCOG to update their Charter.
- The Board set a public hearing for a Conditional Use Permit for the Wildflower Learning Center at 3100 Damascus Church Road for June 26th.
- The Board set a public hearing for the Sanderway Architecturally Integrated Subdivision Conditional Use Permit Request for June 26, 2018.
- The Board set a public hearing for a Mixed Use Building at 603 Jones Ferry Road for June 26, 2018.
- The Board recognized a generous donation from University Ford of Chapel Hill of the use of a fifteen-passenger van.
- The Board approved a Conditional Use Permit Extension for Previously Issued Conditional Use Permit for The Matthew’s Family Building at 609 Highway 54 West.
- The Board authorized the Manager to enter into a contract with Summit
Design and Engineering Services for Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) Administration.
- The Board approved to update the current Town Code provisions relating to the regulation of Traffic Control Devices, Speed Limits, and parking restrictions to include streets within the Winmore, Ballentine, and Legends neighborhoods.
- The Board approved the final retreat agenda details.
- The Board decided to continue the public hearing for the Land Use Ordnance Amendments relating to boarding houses and rooming houses to June 26th.
- The Board decided to continue the public hearing for the Land Use Ordinance Amendment to Establish a Lloyd/Broad District to June 26th
- The Board decided to continue the public hearing to amend the official zoning map to designate the Lloyd Broad District to June 26th.
The Board approved the proposed amendments to Article IV of Chapter 6 of the Town Code – parking, relating to the Lloyd-Broad neighborhood.
The Board approved the stormwater rate structure and billing agreement.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.