Meeting Summary for September 4, 2018
BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 6/19/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
PROCLAMATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS CHARGED:
- Mayor Lavelle and Town Manager David Andrews recognized Chief Williams for her completion of the U.S. Fire Administration’s National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer Program.
- Mayor Lavelle and Captain Atack recognized 10 year old Joseph Ray for his heroic actions on saving a toddler from drowning. Mayor Lavelle proclaimed September 5, 2018 as Joseph Ray day.
- Patricia Morefield –Arts Committee
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for the June 16 and August 13, 2018 meetings.
- The Board approved to appropriate additional funding received by the Town for certain program activities and to modify the Town’s Position Classification Plan.
- The Board adopted a resolution supporting NCDOT investment in Bicycle/Pedestrian improvements at the Franklin Street/Merritt Mill Road/Brewer Lane intersection.
- The Board set a public hearing for October 23, 2018 on a Land Use Ordinance Amendment relating to standards for outdoor lighting and asked that it be forwarded to advisory committees and ask to consider requiring led lights.
- The Board was provided a Monthly Economic Development Activity update.
- The Board approved the appointment of Paul Clark to the Recreation and Parks Commission.
- The Board approved a request from Self Help for a $30,000 grant from the Affordable Housing Fund.
- The Board referred a CUP application for Hutchins Property at 905 and 921 Homestead Road to the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee.
- The Board was presented with 3 schematic designs for 203 South Greensboro ( The 203 Project) – future home of the Orange County Southern Branch Library, Carrboro Rec. and Parks Department, The ArtsCenter, and WCOM. After hearing from the public and representatives from Perkins + Will, they approved “The Commons” schematic design for 203 South Greensboro.
- The Board approved a minor modification to the Carr Mill CUP that will allow changes to Weaver Street yard-including sidewalk widening.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.