Summary for December 4, 2018 BOA Meeting
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday December 4, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
PROCLMATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
- The Board passed a Resolution in Support of Campaign to Make North Carolina A No –Torture State.
- The Board passed an Anti-Semitism Resolution.
- The Board passed a Resolution Supporting a “Green New Deal,” Endorsing the “People ‘Demands for Climate Justice.
- The Board adopted the 2019 Meeting Calendar.
- The Board approved the authorization of TM to execute supplemental agreement with NCDOT for Morgan Creek Greenway and adoption of Capital Project Ordinance.
- The Board approved the monthly Economic Development Report.
- The Board approved the application process for FEMA Public Assistance Funds.
- The Board approved the MOU and work plan for Orange County Food.
- The Board approved to extend the Town Manager to extend the contract with Summit Design for Engineering Services for Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Administration and pursue construction bidding, award, and execution.
- The Board of Aldermen approved an amendment that provides consistency in term limits for all advisory boards.
- The Board heard a student report from UNC School of Social Work.
- The Board received a presentation from NCDOT on the design and schedule for intersection improvements at East Main Street/Brewer Lane/Merritt Mill Rd/Franklin Street.
- The Board was provided with an update on the Energy and Climate Protection Plan and Community Climate Action Plan Implementation.
- The Board discussed the 2019 Board retreat.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News