BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 3/5/19
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday March 5, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- Introduction of newly selected Poet Laureate Fred Joiner
- Mayor Lavelle Proclaimed March Women’s History Month in Carrboro.
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for the February 19, 2019 meeting.
- The Board was provided with an update on the Economic Development Report for the month of March.
- The Board approved a pilot application process for applicants to the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
- The Board approved the Sanderway AIS CUP.
- Town Staff provided the Board with an update on Transportation Projects.
- The Board approved the Capital Improvement Plan FY 2019-20 through FY 2023-24.
- The Board discussed a proposed amendment to the Chapel Hill Transit Advertising Policy and possible recommendation to the Chapel Hill Town Council.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News