BOA Meeting Summary May 7, 2019
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday May 7, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- Mayor Lavelle Proclaimed this week of May 12-18th as Police Week in Carrboro and May 15th as Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- The Board authorized the Town Manager to execute an Interlocal Agreement with the Town of Chapel Hill and Orange County for sharing costs related to sewer lateral connections for low and moderate income homes in historic Rogers Road Neighborhood.
- The Board accepted the Economic Development report for May.
- The Board accepted offers of dedication for sections of open space in two subdivisions to provide easements for the Jones Creek Greenway.
- The Board approved funding recommendations from the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
- The Board approved the minutes for the April 9, 2019 BOA meeting.
- The Board approved the Orange County Climate Change Committee Participate List.
- The Board set a public hearing for May 28, 2019 for the Voluntary Annexation of Eubanks/Old NC 86 Properties.
- The Board was provided feedback from the public on the Jones Creek Greenway 30% Design.
- The Board received the Town Manager’s recommended budget for FY 19-20 and scheduled a public hearing for May 28, 2019.
- The Board was updated on the progress to implementing the recommended strategies found in the Parking Plan.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News