BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Mayor Lavelle proclaimed June 2, 2017 as “Gun Violence Awareness Day” and the week of May 21st as “Public Works Week” in the Town of Carrboro.
A resolution was read in honor of Alderman Michelle Johnson. She will be resigning from the Board of Aldermen on May 31, 2017.
1. Town Manager’s Recommended Budget for FY 17-18
The FY 17-18 is scheduled to be adopted during the June 20, 2017 Board of Aldermen Meeting.
2. Land Use Ordinance Amendment Relating to Road and Sidewalk Requirements
This item was tabled for adoption until the June 6, 2017 Board of Aldermen meeting to allow the Town Attorney to review revised ordinance language.
3. A Temporary Street Closing Permit Application for the Not So Normal Run Festival
The street closing permit application was approved and the event is scheduled to take place on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
4. A Temporary Street Closing Permit Application for the Town of Carrboro Summer Streets Events
The street closing permits were approved and the events are scheduled to take place on Weaver Street on June 18th, July 16th and August 27th.
5. Public Hearing on 90% Review of the Martin Luther King Jr Park Construction Design
The Board of Aldermen heard public comment on the 90% construction designs including the intermediate/advanced pump track and locations. The 100% Review of the MLK Park Construction Design is scheduled for the June 27, 2017 Board of Aldermen Meeting.
6. Public Hearing on the FoodFirst Conditional Rezoning at 110 West Main Street|
The Board of Aldermen received public comment on the request to rezone property at 110 West Main Street to B-1(G), Conditional (B-1(G)-CZ) for a social services provider with dining. The rezoning request was approved and the applicant must now apply for zoning permit.